COMPETITION

 

COMPETITION

 


What is the best achievement in your life?

Talking about achievement it’s talking about the process to success something. However, it is difficult to feel special or to feel closer to our dreams when we never try. It’s like water in hand, you never know the taste if you never drink. You never know everything if you never try. Therefore, I want to go in collage. I talk to my self, Ok you will go to collage and reach everything.








Became an outstanding student in Universitas Kristen Indonesia is a biggest achievement in my life. One day, I was thinking that if I go to collage, I would reach all of trophy in every competition as long as I can, and with a big energy and big enthusiastic, I go to collage with scholarship. I never know how sweetness of this achievement and how pains to reach the achievement before but only positive thinking that make me strong. Ok..... lets go to collage.

Do you know what happened in my first day in collage? I was late, I thought, I would got up in the morning, in fact I was late for my first day, it was not like my expectation with a big energy and big enthusiastic that it would be easy go to collage, in fact, it’s difficult, my comfort zone had been shaken, and I felt not special and it seems so far to my dreams. Oh… God help me, I cant to reach that, is this the life? How come, I can reach the dreams, even I can got up in the morning.

With positive thinking I talk to my self, It’s ok Iman, It was just a warm up. Hmmm Ok.

Again, with a big energy and big enthusiastic I try to joined the competition in my first semester, the first competition that I followed was biblical quiz. I join the competition with nerves, a little scared and a big expectation because all of faculty had joined. I never considered that I was a second runner-up of the competition. With the happiness and great full heart, I felt special and I think closer to my dreams, and said that this what I’m talking about, this is life. But in fact, 1 week after the situations, I was not satisfy of the result, you know that after you achieve something, you will not satisfy and you wont more. It’s not enough, and you need over and over again. I want to achieve more. One day, I hear that every year in UKI, there is one outstanding student will be chosen every year in every study program with the condition have a high Grade Point Average (GPA).

            Becoming an outstanding student is my dream, with a big energy and big enthusiastic, I prayed to God and planned any strategy. I tried to be active person in every course and study hard in mid or final exam.  Praised the Lord, in my first semester, I got 4.00 GPA. I felt special again, wow but have you ever felt that be detested? Or your friend called you in unpleasant word? My friends called me as ambitious person because I want to learn, study hard, be an active person in classroom, I ask assignment to lecturer even the lecture no intention to give assignment, in other hand, I am a hyper active person, but I didn’t gave up, what ever that they said to me, I don’t care, However It was pained and all in all it was motivated me if I look in other perspective in order to reach my dream.

            Again, I continue my study with a big energy and big enthusiastic in my second semester, but in the middle of my study I almost gave up, because of pandemic and online learning need to practice in every school but I tried my best to follow the classes and praise the Lord again, I got 4.00 GPA. I was very happy in situations. You know, I enjoyed every single part of my life in study, I enjoyed the process, the pain, and the sorrow and also to avoid the comfort zone.

    While I was waiting for the announcement, it’s not enough for me if my collage announced me as an outstanding student from GPA, I want to achieve more. My journey to become an outstanding student it’s not talking about my GPA but I want to approve to my friends, lecturer, all of people in UKI that I deserve to become an outstanding student, its not only about my GPA but with my achievement in several competition. So I talk to my self, ok, I need more.

So I reach many achievements in UKI and outside also, I am a winner of poetry competition, second runner-up of debate competition, runner-up of podcast competition, a winner of speech competition, short story competition, and many more.

UKI had announced that I am an outstanding student in my department and also as one of favorite students in UKI. Without arrogant in my heart but with a humble, I want to say that, you reap what you saw. Achievement it’s not talking about your GPA or a winner in several competitions but beyond all that, It’s talking about you successes to bring your self changed, to avoid the comfort zone, study hard, and try everything, that’s what achievement is. If you heart something like that, you will achieve more and you will be achiever.

    In my all of the achievements above, it has many stories with process, the pain, and the sorrow and the most important is God’s work of our prayer. Sometimes you will feel no special and not closer with your dreams but with a big energy and big enthusiastic will bring you close to your dream. Think the best, do the best, and be the best.  

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Intercultural Communication

CULTURE SHOCK

NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION